Menghai 7572 Shu Cha Background
The Menghai Tea Factory is one of the oldest, most well-respected tea factories in China. Founded in 1940 under the name "Fo Hai" Tea Factory, it was forced to close its doors in 1942 with the onset of the Pacific War. It reopened in 1952 and changed its name to Menghai Tea Factory in 1953. The actual recipe for Menghai 7572 was first developed in 1975 and thereafter it quickly earned the respect and popularity of tea aficionados and collectors. In production golden tips are spread on the surface of the mold followed by seven primary grades of Maocha. A moderate degree of fermentation facilitates the changes that occur during the aging process. After about five years the taste begins to mellow and the long, sweet, silky smooth finish becomes apparent.